Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Be Bold, Not Beige

That's Ikea's catch phrase, I know, but it is also one that best describes my style. I love big punchy colors and I've learned not to be afraid to try them out on my walls. Paint is the quickest, easiest, cheapest makeover you can give your house, so take a deep breath and plunge right into that bright new hue you've been dying to try.

To give you a little push, let me share with you Pantone's Color of the Year for 2010: Turquoise


I know it seems a little drastic to splash turquoise all over your walls, but consider this gorgeous tone from Benjamin Moore that Pottery Barn uses for a bedroom

The color is Schooner, and it gives a bright punch of color that pairs beautifully with crisp white bedding and little pops of color in the wall decor and throw pillows.

Here's another example from decorpad that features Martha Stewart Paint Color Grisaille.

Here are a couple more examples of how to incorporate Turquoise in your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment